Trade Oil with HY Markets
Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate

วันศุกร์ที่ 21 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2553

2. LITTLE JOHN

When Robin Hood wanted to call his men he blew his horn. One morning Robin Hood said, "We have not killed any deer for fourteen days. We must have food. Wait here. I will go and look for food. If you hear my horn, come quickly and help me."
So Robin went away with his bow and arrows and his horn. He came to a stream with a bridge over it.
It was a very small bridge, and a very big man was standing on it. He was seven feet high. He had a long staff in his hand. Robin Hood could not go ov
er the bridge when the big man was standing on it.
Robin Hood said, "Good morning. Please let me come over the bridge."
The man stood there, and said nothing.
Robin Hood put an arrow in his bow and began to go over the bridge.

The man said, "You are afraid of me. You have a bow and arrow. I have only a staff."
Robin Hood put down his bow and arrow. He made a staff from a small tree. Then he came back to the bridge and said, "We will fight on the bridge. The man who falls in the stream is the loser."
So they fought on the bridge. They fought for an hour. Then Robin Hood hit the big man---WHACK!---on the head.
"Ha, ha!" Robin cried. "You nearly had a good wash in the stream."
He spoke too soon. The big man's staff came BANG on the side of Robin's head, and Robin fell into the water with a great SPLASH.
The big man said, "Now who says Ha, ha? Have a good wash, my friend!"
When Robin Hood got out of the water, he was laughing. "You are a brave man," he said, "and you can hit very hard." Robin put his hand on the side of his head. "I lost. What can I give you?"
The big man said, "You can help me to fine Robin Hood. I want to be one of his men."
Robin Hood blew his horn. Very soon twenty men in Lincoln Green were at the bridge.
Will Stutely said, "This man has thrown you into the stream, Robin. Shall we throw this man into the water?"
The big man said, "Robin? Robin?---Are you Robin Hood? I hit Robin Hood with my staff?"
"Yes," said Robin, and he told the story to his men. They all laughed.
Then Robin Hood said to the big man, "I like you. Come with me and be one of my men. I will give you a bow and arrows and teach you to shoot."
The man held out his hand. "Yes," he said, "I will be one of your men."
Robin Hood said, "What is your name?"
He said, "My name is John Little."
"Oh!" said Robin Hood. "We must change that name. We will call you Little John."
So Little John went with Robin Hood and his men. They killed two deer and cooked them over the fire. They ate and drank till the sun went down.
Next morning Robin Hood gave Little John a coat of Lincoln green and a bow and arrows. He said, "Now I will teach you to shoot."

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น