Trade Oil with HY Markets
Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate

วันเสาร์ที่ 22 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2553

13. HOW ROBIN HOOD DINNER WITH THE SHERIFF---AND HOW THE SHERIFF HAD DINNER WITH ROBIN HOOD

Robin Hood saw a man going along the road with a cart. He said, "What have you got in your cart?"
The man said, "Meat. I am a butcher and I am going to Nottingham to sell my meat."
Robin Hood said, "I want to buy your cart and all your meat. How much money do you want for it?"
The man knew Robin Hood. He knew that Robin helped the poor. So he sold the cart and the meat to him.
Robin said, "Will you sell me your clothes, too? You are dressed as a butcher. I want to look like a butcher in Nottingham."
So Robin went to Nottingham and began to sell the meat. He asked very little money for his meat.
The Sheriff asked all the butchers to have dinner with him once a year. The other butchers told Robin, "Today is our day to have dinner with the Sheriff."
"Yes," Robin said. "I know that."
So Robin went with the other butchers to have dinner with the Sheriff.
The Sheriff did not know Robin; but he knew that he sold his meat for very little money. He said to Robin, "Have you any beasts to sell?"
"O yes," said Robin. "I have over a hundred. Will you come and see them?"
So when the dinner was finished, the Sheriff put three hundred pounds in his bag and went with Robin to see Robin's beasts. He took thirty of his men with him.
They went to the forest. Then they went into the forest. The "butcher" led the Sheriff on and on through the forest.
The Sheriff said, "I do not want to see Robin Hood. I am not afraid of him, but I am not ready to drive him and all the outlaws out of the forest and kill them."
Robin said, "Look there! There are my beasts!" The Sheriff saw a great many deer among the trees.
"Their meat is very good---better than the meat which I was selling in Nottingham."
"It is Robin Hood! Catch him!" cried the Sheriff. But Robin blew his horn and a hundred men in Lincoln green were there. Some of them jumped out of the trees. No one knew where the others came from. But there they were!
Robin said, "I have brought the Sheriff to have dinner with us today." Then he said to the Sheriff, "Give me your bag." Robin took out the three hundred pounds and said, "This will just pay for your dinner. We have some very good meat and we are cooking it for your dinner. It is one of the King's fat deer!"
So he made the Sheriff sit down to dinner. After the dinner Robin said, "When you next come into Sherwood Forest, please have dinner with us again---But bring five hundred pounds next time."

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น